Everyone’s doing it…countdowns, introspection, and in every way remembering the year 2013. As the final hours wind down I’m happy to be spending a quiet night in with my family. We’ll be having a fondue and watching the CBC 22 Minutes holiday special followed by the Canada VS. USA world junior hockey game. A thoroughly Canadian New Year’s Eve.
It’s been a big first year for Dish ‘n’ the Kitchen. Here are some of my very favourite posts of 2013:
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake or ‘Nutella by Nigella’
- The Art of Italian Food at 500 Cucina
- In My (Momma’s) Kitchen- August Special Edition
- Une Visite a Josephine ‘Chez Dumonet’
- Where Hugo, I go A visit to Hugo Paris
- Khachapuri – Beetroot Leaf and Feta Filled Bread From Georgia
- French Canadian Tortiére – A Canadian Christmas Tradition
- Cover to Cover with The Bitten Word
- Last Minute Roasted Strawberry and Balsamic Ice Cream
- Lacto Fermented Garlic Dill Pickles
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Burned Butter Sage
- Photo Essay- In Remembrance
I would like to take a minute to thank all of you for reading my blog, through all the rambling and dodgy photos. I hope you found at least some of it useful or at the very least, funny. Thanks for keeping me entertained with your comments and posts and I wish each and every one of you the best in 2014.
Dish ‘n’ the Kitchen