These Maple Gochujang Wings here to improve your day, your weekend, and yes…your superbowl party. Sweet and Spicy with just the right amount of sticky, they are super addictive. Betcha can’t just eat one!
Around here, Football Sunday is a big thing and snacks are not optional. When we haven’t baked up a batch of these wings, we’re enjoying a Classic Seven Layer Dip or dipping into a bowl filled with super addictive Ranch Nuts ‘n’ Bolts.
Maple Gochujang Wings
Sometimes, I think in order to be successful, you have to recognize your faults. Once they are clearly identified you can start to formulate a plan for self improvement. You have to dig deep, think hard, and with all sorts of blood, sweat, and tears you CAN come up with the goods to succeed. Are you worried yet? Didn’t you just come here for the wings?
Have no fear, this post about Gochujang Wings isn’t going to get too deep or reverential…I just want to let you all know that I have identified a clear FAULT within my blog and that fault is I had no damn recipe for WINGS!!
I’m here to improve your day, your weekend, and yes…your superbowl party. These amazing sweet and spicy Maple Gochujang Wings are highly addictive. Betcha can’t just eat one! They aren’t that difficult to make and they’re much better for you than the frozen pre-made kind. Oh yeah, and they are definitely teenager approved. On the day I was testing this recipe, teenagers magically appeared from their hiding spot in the basement for a full on wing eating frenzy. After the lip smacking, bone sucking, caveman grunting was done…I even got a ‘thank you’!
If you make this Maple Gochujang Wings recipe, I’d love to hear about it in the comments section or in the ratings. Be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for my latest recipes. Also, if you do make this recipe please share your photos and tag me on Instagram. I hope you like this recipe!
- 3 lbs chicken wings; split
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 inch cube ginger; grated
- 2 cloves garlic; finely minced
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 green onion; sliced
- Toss the split chicken wings with vegetable oil; season well with salt and pepper.
- Mix gochujang, soy sauce, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread wings out in a single layer.
- Bake in oven at 400 F for about 45 minutes or until they get nice and crispy brown.
- Remove from oven, place in a large bowl and toss with gochujang mixture.
- Return to baking sheet and bake for another 10-15 minutes at 400 F.
- To serve, top with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1306Total Fat: 86gSaturated Fat: 30gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 49gCholesterol: 279mgSodium: 3642mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 60g
Nutritional calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is an estimation only. For special diets or medical issues please use your preferred calculator.