What is TRIBUTE?
TRIBUTE is an event platform for spirits from craft distilleries, as well as local and artisanal products. It was created in 2018 by the passionate team behind MADE WITH LOVE, the most extravagant cocktail competition across Canada, with a goal to promote local craft distilleries and their artisans. TRIBUTE has already established itself on the craft spirits scene in Montreal and within the Quebec province and now TRIBUTE has arrived in Banff!
TRIBUTE in the Canadian Rockies
The folks at TRIBUTE, combined with Banff and Lake Louise Tourism have collaborated on this 12 day craft spirits festival featuring the best craft distilleries from Alberta and British Columbia held in the jewel of the Canadian Rockies. The event aims to showcase Banff’s local cocktail and food scene, with specially crafted cocktail menus at all participating restaurants.
Which Craft Distilleries are Featured During TRIBUTE?
Participating bars and restaurants will create 5 cocktails showcasing 5 craft spirits from Alberta and British Columbia’s best distilleries, available only during the festival. Here are the featured distilleries:
- Bohemian Spirits (Kimberley, BC)
- Burwood Distillery (Calgary, AB)
- Central City Brewing and Distilling (Surrey, BC)
- Eau Claire Distillery (Turner Valley, AB)
- Old Order Distilling Co. (Penticton, BC)
- Park Distillery (Banff, AB)
- Raw Distillery (Canmore, AB)
- Sheringham Distillery (Sooke, BC)
- Wild Life Distillery (Canmore, AB)
Where Can I Find the TRIBUTE Crafted Cocktails?
Visit these 17 venues to celebrate the craft cocktail culture and the vibrant local culinary scene:
- Alpine Social (Lake Louise, AB)
- Balkan: The Greek Restaurant (Banff, AB)
- Block Kitchen and Bar (Banff, AB)
- Chuck’s Steakhouse (Banff, AB)
- High Rollers (Banff, AB)
- Larkspur Lounge (Banff, AB)
- Magpie and Stump (Banff, AB)
- Norquay (Banff, AB)
- Nourish Bistro (Banff, AB)
- Park Restaurant and Bar (Banff, AB)
- Sky Bistro (Banff, AB)
- Sleeping Buffalo (Banff, AB)
- The Bison (Banff, AB)
- The Eddie (Banff, AB)
- The Maple Leaf Grill and Lounge (Banff, AB)
- The Vermillion Room (Banff, AB)
- Toque (Banff, AB)
Let’s Make Two of the Featured Cocktails
Find this caffeine charge GIN cocktail at The Vermillion Room in the Banff Springs Hotel.
|1oz Old Order Distilling Co. Legacy Gin|
1oz Patròn Café
1 bar spoon Ginger Purée
Double shot of espresso
Garnish: Espresso beans
Chuck’s Steakhouse has created this refreshing herbal cocktail featuring Sheringham Distillery’s Akvavit.
|1.5 oz Akvavit|
1 oz celery cordial
3/8 oz absinthe
3/8 oz lemon juice
cucumber essencelemon thyme tincture
Served up, in a coupe
GARNISH: fennel & celery salt
TRIBUTE Discovery Event
TRIBUTE to Craft Spirits Cocktail Festival is a 12 day event, however, there is also a Premiere 2 day Discovery Event which takes place Jan 25 -26. Wander down Bear Street Banff and take in the Snow Day Ice Sculptures and meet the distillers. It’s a great opportunity to discover the creative ways they use local ingredients in their products.
For more information on the TRIBUTE to Craft Spirits Cocktail Festival click HERE.
*I will be attending this event as a sponsored guest.