Decadent chocolate brownies topped with little Matcha cheesecake hearts. Bake these Matcha Brownies today for someone you love. The best gifts are baked from the heart!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below and get this post sent straight to your inbox. Plus, I’ll send you my weekly newsletter featuring the newest and best Dish ‘n’ the Kitchen recipes every week!
Heart to Heart Matcha Brownies
I first met Ginni online through her meetup group. It was clear from the very beginning that we were like minded people, both bound by our love and curiosity for food. I’ve only met a few people that have astonished me with the heart of a true cook, ones that have the absolute need to feed others and Ginni is one of these people. Lucky for us because her food is so darn good!
Our friendship has continued for several years now, each coffee date always morphing into lunch and beyond because we always have so much to say. These ‘Heart to Heart’ Brownies remind me of Ginni and those great talks that I miss so much. Right before her big eastward move, we had our last lunch in her house overlooking the Okotoks golf course. As we were enjoying her Coronation Chicken, two golfers stopped play and stared at us through her kitchen window. It was an awkward moment, broken suddenly when Ginni said, “Okotoks is a small town and it seems significant that we are the only ‘Brownies’ that live here. Everyone knows which house is the ‘Brown’ house on the golf course!” She wasn’t mad or annoyed at the rudeness of it all, but just shrugged it off as part of living in a small town.
So here are some Heart to Heart Brownies with a little twist because Ginni, my favourite ‘brown’ friend, always adds a little (okay a lot!) oomph to whatever it is she’s creating.
Pin it HERE.
If you make this Matcha Brownies recipe, I’d love to hear about it in the comments section or in the ratings. Be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for my latest recipes. Also, if you do make this recipe please share your photos and tag me on Instagram. I hope you like this recipe!
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
FOR THE MATCHA BATTER
- 1 egg; room temperature
- 1 package cream cheese; softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon matcha powder; sifted
- Combine oil, sugar, vanilla and eggs in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl add the room temperature egg, softened cream cheese, sugar, and sifted matcha powder. Mix well so that there are no lumps remaining. Transfer cream cheese mixture to a piping bag or plastic squeeze bottle with a tip.
- Add the oil mixture to the dry mixture bowl and mix well. Spread evenly in a 8x8 pan (or 7x11) and tap the pan firmly on your countertop to remove bubbles and even the surface.
- Using the squeeze bottle drop dots of cream cheese mixture onto the surface of the brownies in a random manner. Take a tooth pick and drag it through the dots to create a heart shape.
- Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
Nutritional calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is an estimation only. For special diets or medical issues please use your preferred calculator.