An easy to make decadent caramel sauce that you will want to pour over everything and do a little happy dance. Spike it with a spirit for that extra little kick of flavour.
Fall is in the air and apples are in season! Now is the best time to enjoy this enticing fruit. The smell of Baked Cinnamon Apples or an Apple Cider Brined Pork Rib Roast wafting throughout the house is just so comforting…like a warm hug!
Slow Down and Feel the Sunshine
There are few things these days that can be life changing. In the fast paced, inst-gratification world of 2018 it’s sometimes difficult to slow down and enjoy the little things in life. As a blogger, I spend a lot of time indoors working at the computer. Sometimes it’s lonely and hours can go by before I realize that a beautiful day has gone by. I’ve been trying to make it a point to get up once in a while even if it’s just to cuddle with my dog for a bit on our sunny deck. Dogs definitely know about what’s best in life!
Dance Like There’s No One Watching
When I’m creating great recipes to share, I feel the most alive…and when they turn out to be crazy delicious (like when I made this Caramel Sauce) I even do a little dance! Ever heard the phrase, “Dance like there’s no one watching”? GUILTY. Except sometimes my dog is watching (if he isn’t lounging on the sunny deck). Dogs know all about the awesome, yet simple things in life: head scratches, a fluffy bed, and having a warm spot to sleep in the sun. I think he understood the excited, yet crazed movements I made after tasting this caramel sauce for the first time. Believe me, this seemingly simple caramel sauce will make you want to dance in front of your dog, too!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below and get this post sent straight to your inbox. Plus, I’ll send you my weekly newsletter featuring the newest and best Dish ‘n’ the Kitchen recipes every week!
The Creation of a Life Changing Sauce
Once upon a time there was a naked apple pudding. Despite being packed with apples and cinnamon, and entirely delicious on it’s own, it yearned to be covered all over with a warm, sticky sweet sauce. The food blogger appeared and, lo! There was sauce. The apple pudding’s life had changed forever as now when it felt the warm embrace of sugar, butter, cream, and Apple Brandy the pudding knew it would never be lonely again. The End.
Pin it HERE.
Get Saucy with Dish ‘n’ the Kitchen
If you make this Apple Brandy Caramel Sauce recipe please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for my latest recipes. Also, if you do make this recipe please tag me on Instagram, I’d love to see what you guys are making! Thank you so much for reading my blog.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup alcohol (I used Apple Brandy but you could use Calvados, Bourbon, etc)
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, light corn syrup, and water (take care not to splash too much on the sides of the pan).
- Cook on high heat (without stirring!) until the sugar becomes caramelized. It’s a judgement call, really. I like mine a bit darker than a copper penny. Mine took about 8 minutes to reach the right stage but I am at a high altitude here in Calgary so chances are you will need less time.
- Once you have the colour you like, carefully stir in the cream then let it cool for about a minute and add the booze.
- Return to a boil over medium heat, stirring for another minute, then remove from heat.
- Serve warm over ice cream, waffles, this Apple Brioche Bread Pudding, or gift to a friend.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 638Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 106gFiber: 0gSugar: 106gProtein: 2g
Nutritional calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is an estimation only. For special diets or medical issues please use your preferred calculator.